Followers

Saturday, January 4, 2020

How many weeks until conference?

17 weeks remaining .... 

A lot of things are in the works.

PP has made great progress with the catering company.

Registration is just about ready.

SP has done a tremendous job creating the Eventbrite Conference Event.  I am nervous about going live.  Oh MY.  Here we go....

can you feel my anxiety?  I feel like my heart is a thundering meditative drum.  Placing the go switch starts the count down clock.  Wow - 17 weeks out.  Oh .... how I hope that each of you will attend.  

Please attend.  My heart would be so grateful.

The process of determining what to provide is challenging when you are new to event planning. When I am in the high charged energy and fear-filled moments, I feel like making decisions closes down to a trickle.  So many things to focus upon and yet time is minimal. Not only am I working to make a decision, I'm also trying to find YOU - the team member that is hoping to join the team .... YOU - the one with zip and enthusiasm for promoting Toastmasters.

Drafted a ad marketing cost analysis.

Composed an ask from a division director, asking to help promote the conference.  I sent off my request to SK.

Researched finding Sponsors, these are the folks that help make the conference affordable.  Sponsors get to invest in the conference and gain a prospective new customer.  I need to draft a sponsor letter to help with the sales.  This will also allow the team to come along and utilize the information as promotional materials to canvas the states.

I am currently trying to work up the courage to approach some perspective vendors.  I haven't determined the vendor table projected cost, but assumed that I could give them a quality package. Perhaps one of you is experienced in this area?  I could really use assistance with this area.

Created a mock up website for a Fundraiser for Prison Clubs.  I can see the potential for marketing the men and their businesses, art work and craftsmanship. I need to determine if I am going to learn how to make a fundraiser page or find someone that already has the skill?

if you are interested in creating the fundraiser site, let me know at tm.Debbie.Baker@gmail.com

Sent out some requests for content that will be utilized to promote the prison clubs along with the Conference planning.  These folks are working as sponsors for Toastmasters living within our district.
I request your entry of a personal story, if anyone out there in out community that has first hand experience with Toastmasters behind bars,

Educated myself on how to draft a Sponsor letter? Outcome Goal: I would present our ask.
This is what works best for driving the conference costs.  I am trying to figure out how much to charge? The target audience are those of you that can promote the business' in the program. This event helps our community to bond and find wisdom of diverse paths.  Some of us will meet folks that will become friends of a life time. Everyone will get an opportunity to interact with our weekend long Scavenger Hunt.

The challenge for this area, is to determine the benefits for the branding. Taking in the perspective of the value for our specific target audience. I am not aware of statistics regarding the continual years and growth in Toastmasters... I imagine that those 'long term' members among our community would talk highly of the network.  We are an audience that enjoys "Making a Difference".  Mentors are everywhere in this crowd.  Every Toastmaster that has actively participated in regular meetings, has the skill of effective evaluations.  The evaluations lead to feedback that changes lives.  People in our rooms enjoy giving and listening to speeches.  This is content; now someone, ideally NOT ME, would take this information and draft a promotional toward business owners that seek similar values in their employees or serve clients such as ourselves.

Changed my approach to acquire team members.
If you have a skill that could fill any of the conference needs, I would love to have a conversation with you.  The more team members that assist with the conference, the more folks that will share information  and enthusiasm for the conference weekend into their communities.  Each of you team members not only help in the hands on actions you bless us twice by talking up the participation.  Thank you for your assistance.  Thank you to those of you that support D32Toastmasters conference.

If you see that I am not addressing an area that would benefit the conference, please offer to assist the conference in tending to that task.

This week I learned a few things about myself:

  • I Fear Success.
  • I believed that I must struggle in order to produce quality outcomes.
  • I must do all the work in secret.  *
  • Finding team members must be difficult, no one wants to volunteer.
  • I have a high fear of approaching strangers. 
  • I am extremely busy in our TM community.
  • I love the fact that I get to utilize a TM project as my learning for TM Pathway. 
  • I need to make time for the things I love. 

* Putting on a conference (Actually TWO) is certainly not a task that can wait for evenings and low energy moments within my daily life.

Positive notes to add into your self talk:
I commit to work as though my work makes a different in this world.  
I put my time into projects that bring value into our communities. 
I make excellent choices.

Please promote this conference to your fellow Toastmasters.  I look forward to seeing each of you at the conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment